- Express Edition is limited to a single instance on any server
- Express Edition may be installed on a multiple CPU server, but may only be executed on one processor in any server
- Express Edition may only be used to support up to 11GB of user data (not including Express Edition system data)
- Express Edition may use up to 1 GB RAM of available memory
- Express Edition can work only in Windows x32 and Linux x64
- VMware Workstation (VMware Workstation Link)
- Oracle Enterprise Linux (Oracle Enterprise Linux Link)
- Oracle Database (Oracle Database Link)
- VMware Workstation v10.0.0
- Oracle Enterprise Linux v5.7 x86-64
- Oracle Database Express Edition 11g R2 for Linux x86-64
To install Oracle Database Express Edition:
- Log in as root user and run the executable 'oracle-xe-11.2.0-1.0.x86_64.rpm'
- You must run '/etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure' as the root user to configure the database.
- Enter the following information:
- Specify the HTTP port that will be used for Oracle Application Express :
- Specify a port that will be used for the database listener :
- Specify a password to be used for database accounts. Note that the same
password will be used for SYS and SYSTEM. Oracle recommends the use of
different passwords for each database account. This can be done after
Confirm the password:
- Do you want Oracle Database 11g Express Edition to be started on boot (y/n) [y]:
- Installation will complete successfully and will start automatically in next reboot.
- This completes configuration. You can use any Oracle client to connect to Oracle instance.